Dark Drake Tassets – A Unique Take
The Dark Drake Tassets are a unique take on leg and thigh protection, their design is inspired by the tassets worn by Greek and Roman infantry, but aesthetically they owe more to the type of tassets worn by men-at-arms in the High Medieval Period. There’s one significant difference between these and the tassets of the medieval battlefield, however. Medieval tassets were typically connected to the breastplate or cuirass and required this piece of armor to function. The Dark Drake Tassets sit on the shoulders via suspenders so can be paired with a variety of armor types to increase your options. Apart from this design difference, the Dark Drake Tassets look and feel very much like another set of classic, 18 gauge steel tassets. Plates made in a draconic pattern overlap in three sections with raised and rolled edges, offering superior protection to the thighs and groin. The Dark Drake Tassets pair with any other pieces from the Dark Drake line but thanks to their unique design, can be paired with a variety of other armor types for a unique look.
- 18 gauge steel and full-grain leather
- Small/Medium: To fit a 32 to 40 Inch Waist
- Large/X-Large: To fit 43 to 52 Inch Waist
- Small/Medium: Groin protection is 7 Inches wide at the top, 6 inches wide at the base, and 8.25 inches long. Side protection pieces are 8.5 Inches wide at the top, 8 inches wide at the base, and 11 inches long.
- Large/X-Large: Groin protection is 9 Inches wide at the top, 7 inches wide at the base, and 11 inches long. Side protection pieces are 11 Inches wide at the top, 10.5 inches wide at the base, and 13 inches long.
Note: Dark Drake Tassets are handmade. Measurements are approximate and some deviations in pattern and colour will occur.
Care Instructions: Keep metal armor away from water. Regularly clean with a metal polish and re-oil with a dedication armor oil. Treat leather straps with a leather conditioner.