Stone LARP Mace
(About): Speak Loudly and Carry a Big Mace
Epic Armoury have taken inspiration from the very simplest and earliest weapons made by mankind to design our LARP Stone Mace. It could not be more straightforward: the mace consists of a large rock around 7 inches across, tied to a rough wooden shaft with leather thongs. Basic weaponry like this was probably made as far back in history as humankind has existed, for defense against wild animals – and against their fellows. Maces re-emerged in the medieval era of plate, since heavy blunt weaponry was one of the few means to deliver serious damage to a heavily armored knight. But our Stone LARP Mace is nothing so refined: it could be the weapon of a barbarian, or of a goblin or orc. You could modify our authentic medieval clothing with rips and tears to create a lightly armored barbarian warrior.
Built for Bashing
Our Stone LARP Mace utilised gold-standard construction and safety features to keep you and your fellow warriors safe on the roleplay battlefield, whilst allowing you to engage in immersive contact combat. The Stone LARP Mace is built around a 10mm fibreglass rod, an extremely robust shatter-proof core for LARP weaponry. It is tipped with a Kevlar shield that will keep the rod safe even in the unlikely event of damage to the weapon. The shaft, rock and leather binding are all made from EVA foam, a shred-proof, closed-cell foam that will remain robust in battle after battle. The weapon is finished with a thick layer of latex. Whilst this means it should be properly cared for with a proper regime of silicone grease, it results in a forgiving, reasonably soft weapon that has exactly the right combination of shape and flex to be used against lightly armored opponents on the roleplay battlefield. Yes, this means (lovingly) bashing your friends with a brutal stone mace – there are few better ways to spend your weekend.
- A quality weapon for an affordable price
- Closed cell foam is durable and shred resistant
- Features a flexible fiberglass core
- Core is protected by a strong Kevlar tip
- Made from closed cell foam
- Core is made of fiberglass
- Finished with a latex coating
- Latex weapons need to be maintained to a certain degree. We offer a Maintenance Silicone (MCI-2000) that can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. We recommend that you use this silicone on a regular basis. It is an easy, spray on application, and it will keep the coating flexible, which will make the weapon last much longer. The maintenance silicone also protects the coating from drying out and helps the weapon resist general wear and tear from normal use.
- Store latex weapons flat or on the pommel, never on the tip, and in a cool, dry environment. Use a towel or sheet to protect the LARP weapon from adhering to plastic or rubber surfaces.
Total Length: 34 inches
Head dimensions: 8 inches x 6 inches
Core material: 10mm solid fiberglass rod
Weapon material: EVA foam & Latex coat